Pure Slush is planning a 7-volume series around the 7 deadly sins, to celebrate 7 years of publishing. (Our 7th anniversary is in early December 2017.)
We are now accepting submissions for Lust Vol. 1
For more information about submitting for Lust, click here.
For more about the 7 Deadly Sins project, click here
The theme for the volume is lust.
Your submission must be:
• original, so previously unpublished online or in print (so that includes authors’ websites and blogs);
• 200 minimum / 1000 maximum word limit for each submission: fiction and non-fiction, stories, essays and poetry;
• must somehow incorporate ‘lust’. This can be as simple as including the word ‘lust’, or making it a major theme or subject. As always, we are flexible with how writers interpret this theme. BUT ‘lust’ must be included somehow.
If you wish to be involved or have questions, email email@example.com.
Please submit your stories, poems, essays, etc with Lust / Title / Word Length in Submission Title by clicking here.
Submissions close 14th February 2018.
For other topics re submitting and rights etc, click here.
Have the 7 deadly sins been done before? Well, probably, yes ...
But there will be a unique spin (as it’s Pure Slush, after all), the structure will be interesting, and as always, it will be fun ...
Perhaps you would like to be involved ...
The parameters will be:
• 7 volumes, one volume each focusing on the 7 deadly sins: lust, gluttony, greed, sloth, wrath, envy, pride, to be called Lust Vol. 1, Gluttony Vol. 2, Greed Vol. 3, Sloth Vol. 4, Wrath Vol. 5, Envy Vol. 6 and Pride Vol. 7.
• 200 minimum / 1000 maximum word limit for each submission: fiction and non-fiction, stories, essays and poetry
• you can submit to 1 or 7 or 3 or 5 or 6 or 2 or 4 volumes ... it’s your choice
• you can carry characters and plots across all the submissions or they can be stand alone or they can be a mix
• there will be more submission calls throughout 2018, one at a time, until all 7 volumes are published.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org